Monday, December 28, 2009

SAHM No More

What a weekend!  Christmas was busy, throwing Ethan way off schedule.  We had 4 Christmas' in a five day span.  And I'm kinda glad to be home today, cleaning up the house, packing away the Christmas tree and trying to find a place to put all the new toys.

Yes, I've been so excited for Christmas, but took down my tree today.  You see, in the past 3 weeks, Ethan has become extremely mobile, making it difficult to do anything without putting him in his exersaucer - which he is very tired of.  If I'm not sitting beside him on the floor - I find him in the tree or pulling stuff out of the TV stand or headed down the hall in search of a garbage can or return air-vent.  So removing the tree was almost necessary.  One less thing to get into. 

Today is back to work day for everyone.  And I'm at home with Ethan, alone for the first time in 4 days.  I have so much that I want to get done this week.  Before going back to work next week, giving up my SAHM status for a little while at least.  I want to make cookies and give the house an incredibly good cleaning, and make a menu for next month (one of my New Years goals, hoping it will relieve some stress of 'whats for dinner-lunch' making Daycare packing a little easier too).  I also want to spend some good time just hanging out with the boy, cause I'm pretty sure I'll miss that the most.  I love reading him stories, and singing and dancing with him. 

Going back to work is the hardest thing most Mom's I talk to ever experience.  Maybe harder than child birth - cause I think you remember how you feel going back to work forever - and the pain of child birth doesn't stay with you too long.  I'm looking forward to going back, but I'm also sad that I can't just stay home till we're done having kids and they've all gone to school.  But I can't.

Time has just flown by.  It's so cliche, but it really has.  There was a baby sitting in front of us yesterday in church.  She was so tiny, and sleeping quietly.  Seems so long since Ethan was that small....  but it really wasn't.  I'm happy that he's developing, but I'm going to miss cuddling on the couch and rocking him to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment